Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Melbourne Brunch Favourites Part #1

My two favourite brunch haunts of late. They're both restaurants which are generally a bit too pricey for a student, but the brunch menus are reasonable.

The European, Spring Street, CBD
Close to Parliament Station or take any tram up Collins or Bourke
I think weekday brunch ends at 11 or 12, but goes til 4 on weekends.
Favourite Meal: Turkish Eggs $18
The European is stylish, classy, and way out of my student budget for anything other than the breakfast menu. It's a popular lunch venue for business people of Collins Street... the Paris end, that is. I was once waiting for a friend and the waiter gave me the wine list to peruse, there was a bottle of French wine for something crazy like two grand. Me: " Tap water, please".































Manhattan, Toorak Village,
Catch the No. 8 Tram towards Toorak
I went to Manhattan for the first time a few weeks ago and have been back four times since. The waiters are lovely and the menu is great.
Favourite Meal: Flat Iron Eggs around $17

No comments:

Post a Comment